What Happens If I’m Injured at a Casino?
Casinos are a magical place free of kids, work and responsibilities. The last thing one would expect to do while enjoying their time at a casino is injure themselves while trying to win a jackpot. Unfortunately, though, it is still a possibility, as injuries can happen anywhere, anyplace and at any time.
So, what should you do if you find yourself injured in the middle of a casino? What are the steps you should take if you sustain an injury from a casino? Don’t worry, because Schwartz Law Firm LLC will give you all the answers you need to know if you’re ever injured at a casino. Keep reading for more information.
Types of Injuries that Can Happen
From drunken passersby to slippery floors to food poisoning, injuries at a casino are more common than one may like to believe. It is always important to be cognizant of your surroundings when you are enjoying your time at a casino, whether you are by yourself or with friends. Casino employees can also act in negligent ways. Some injuries that may occur in a casino are among, but not limited to, the following:
- Slip and falls – It can be easy to take a tumble and sprain an ankle or break your wrist at a casino, whether it’s from a slippery or uneven floor or from disheveled carpets.
- Broken chairs – Slot machine chairs can be easy to break as thousands are in and out of them daily, making guests susceptible to injury.
- Assault by another guest – With gambling and alcohol in one area, there’s the potential of fights occurring from other guests.
- Food poisoning – Many casinos serve food, and food poisoning is a potential threat just like any other public eatery.
- Objects that were thrown or fell – With potentially rowdy guests, objects being thrown is a possibility. Many casinos are also old and suffer from wear-and-tear, which makes objects falling a risk.
Steps to Take After a Casino Injury
If you fall victim to a casino injury in Louisiana, make sure that you take the following steps afterward:
- Evidence is key – Always make sure you immediately take photographic and/or video proof of the area around you including your injury. As well, try to get the names and contact information of any witnesses to your injury. Security footage can also be acquired if it is requested.
- Seek medical attention – If your injury requires immediate medical attention, you need to make sure you ask a casino manager or employee to call 911. Seeking medical attention for your casino injury will not only further document your visible injuries, but it will also have proof of internal injuries you suffered as well.
- Be wary of signing papers and speaking with casino representatives and its insurance company – Try not to speak to the casino’s representatives or the casino’s insurance company until you seek legal counsel. Any statements that are made to the casino or insurance company has the potential to be used against you.
If you ever find yourself suffering from an injury you sustained at a Louisiana casino, don’t wait to seek legal help. Schwartz Law Firm LLC can help you navigate the process, from the moment you get your injury to when you have to deal with casino insurance providers. We have two locations in Louisiana, one Metairie and another in Baton Rouge. Feel free to call us today for your free initial consultation at 504-837-2263.